BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bobby and Katy's Wedding!

So, at last our house isn't feeding on frenzy and we can settle in without loads of stress and anticipation among us! As you know we recently moved into our place and have had nothing but things to do, continually! Mike's brother, Bobby, though was getting married on the 3rd of January, and we were pretty much all in the wedding. Mike was Best Man, I was a bridesmaid, and Rachel was a flower girl. It was so much fun and we were so happy to be blessed enough to be in their wedding, but we are also so glad it is over! The whole time leading up to this big day I was seriously terrified that Rachel would somehow ruin their wedding... she'd throw a big fit at the altar or burn the building down, or something. Anyway, it all went well, thanks in big part to my mom- Thanks mom!- and they were married at Our Lady of the Lake Church in Lake Oswego! The wedding itself was beautiful, but the reception was absolutely stunning- SO GORGEOUS! They really know how to throw a party! Here's some pictures of the Happenings... I don't have a lot of the bride and groom, because I figure we'll order some good ones from their professional pictures, but there are a few cute one's of the kids! Enjoy!

Our attempt at a good family photo... Not half bad!



The Brandt boys right before walking down the aisle... Andrew, Mike, David, and Bobby



Rachel, so tired, before the wedding even began... It was definitely nap time!



Rachel and Mommy



The Kiddos



Christopher, the ring bearer and Rachel, the flower girl... SO CUTE!


Mommy and Andrew- What a handsome man!





The candy bar- Rachel and Chris couldn't keep their hands out of it! A bad idea for little kids!



Cousins, Andrew and Isaac playing together- SO CUTE!!!





Mike, giving his best man speech! It was really good!



The Bride and Groom (Bobby and Katy) being nice to each other with the cake!


Our Little Buddy...



Mike and I... So in love...







At the end of the party, my mom took the kids back home and stayed the night with them, while Mike and I got a hotel downtown at the new hotel, The Nines. It was so much fun. We went to a restaurant and played trivia then went back to the room and finally got a good night's sleep without having to wake up to the kiddos! It was so nice to get a break. We went to Mother Bistro and Bar downtown in the morning too, for breakfast, and it was SO good! It was good to see the kids again though when we got home... We miss them when we're away! All in all it was a fabulous weekend with so many fun festivities, but we are so glad to be starting this new year and are looking in anticipation at getting our house completely done and seeing what the Lord has in store for us! Love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to comment!!!! What a beautiful family. It makes my heart so happy for you!
I also saw all the hard work that went into your new home.
I think I get a glimpse of how God must feel when His children are doing well.
I love you!

Brazenlilly said...

You all look fabulous! What a fun day. I love your dress, BTW. Glad everything went well and you and Mike got some alone time!

Beth said...

Jess! These pictures are awesome! You look beautiful and I can't believe how big little Andrew is now! He grew up so fast! What a doll! Rachel is darling and looks so much like you!

Glad you got to have a little break!

Brittany said...

OH. MY. GOSH. BEAUTIFUL!!! You guys look great and it sounds like you had a blast. I am so happy for you (and secretly so jealous) and I hope I get to see you soon. Did you get my evite?